Sunday, February 27, 2011

Curing Monday-itis

Oh, aren't they just sublime?


WHAT a long time it's been since I've stopped to write! It's been a VERY busy month at Red Fragrance. But here I am... hello!

And it's Monday. Happy Monday! ... which could very well be a contradiction in terms. (It was a little bit for me this morning..)

I don't often suffer Monday-itis (starting bright and early with the delicious mayhem that is the flower market usually prevents it), but I hear it's dreadfully common. And this morning, when I woke up at 3.45, I knew I had been hit. After a very busy month, a battle with technology last night was the final straw - I should have seen it coming!

The markets were reliably bustling, which helped the situation a little. How could they not? But then I spied them: beautiful stems of phalaenopsis orchids, nestled in their fluffy packing, quietly calling my name. My all time favourite flower - what a perfect remedy.

I put them straight into a vase when I arrived at the shop, and they have been making me smile all morning.

My Monday-itis is long gone. I hope if you woke up feeling a bit grumpy about the week ahead, that you've found something to make you smile.

Happy Monday everyone!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment