Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hello there, it's been a little while!



Hello!

Once again, it's been quite some time since I last typed here... Being technologically challenged as I am, once things get super busy here at the shop, this poor little blog gets a bit neglected! As I was at the start of 2012, I am determined to type more regularly... we shall see how we go in 2013 - wish me luck!

For us, it's day four of the working year, and we're easing ourselves back into the delicious floral chaos that is Red Fragrance.

I was very lucky to spend a little while in Bali over the Summer break, and was continually delighted by the amazing flowers there.

 .
 This little heart is the start of a big, broad lotus leaf.


Such a simple, sleek bud holds such a mass of beautiful petals arounds a lovely green pod.


I couldn't resist including one pink bud!


Just beautiful.


Even after the flower has finished, the pod is beautiful. (We love using these in our arrangements at the shop!)


Oh, to live in a lush green forest in Ubud... Lucky monkeys!


 A mystery flower (botanical name...)

  
Is it only florists who get excited by lovely unusual foliages when on holiday?


Bromeliads from floor to ceiling, and orchids the colours of a tequila sunrise!



Heliconias


I hope you all had a happy, relaxing Summer break. I'm looking forward to sharing some more of our floral goings-on with you this year - Happy 2013 everyone!

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment