Friday, May 20, 2011

Melissa and Grant


I can't believe how long it's taken me to share this wedding with you!

In March last year, I had the absolute privilege of creating the bouquets for the wedding of one of my very dearest friends.

A very relaxed bride, Melissa gave me one of the most open briefs I have ever worked to!
"Oh, you know what I like! I'm thinking white and green. Surprise me on the day, I know they'll be gorgeous!". Brilliant!

The only challenge? Melissa and Grant were married in Melbourne! The day before the wedding, I carefully packed all her flowers, fresh from the markets in Sydney, into cooler bags and carefull carried them on my flight to Melbourne! All the bouquets were made once I got there.



Three bridesmaids each carried a slightly different bouquet. They included white lisianthus, white hyacinths, white dendrobium orchids, vibernum flowers and magnolia foliage, but each had it's own focal flower. I used green anthuriums for one, white anthuriums for another, and green lotus pods in the third.




Melissa's quite the flower lover, and wanted to make the most of an opportunity to be accompanied by them all day!

She carried a bouquet to match her bridesmaids through her ceremony, but opted to wear a feature corsage at the reception so she didn't have to hold her flowers as she celebrated! I love this idea - how fabulous to have your ceremony and photos with your bouquet, then have another "bouquet" on your wrist throughout the celebrations!







A belated congrats to Melissa and Grant - and thanks for letting me share your photos!

x.







1 comment:

  1. Looking so beautiful. Flower arrangements of distinct varieties are most likely the best and most wonderful creatures in nature other than people. All a bouquet of flowers have unique natural beauty that sets them apart from one another.

    Flowers Sydney

    ReplyDelete